ROLE PLAYERS 2019 - Ram Prasad Dhital

Ram Prasad Dhital

Renewable Energy Expert

Ram Prasad Dhital Renewable Energy Expert, Nepal has nearly two decades of experience in renewable energy policy formulation and implementation in Nepal, Afghanistan and Vanuatu. Mr Ram served as the Executive Director of Alternative Energy Promotion Center (AEPC) under ministry of energy water resources and irrigation overseeing operations, strategic and technical initiatives in renewable energy sector of Nepal. During his leadership in AEPC for four years (2013/14- 2017/18), Nepal achieved 2% net growth of renewable energy (RE) in total energy mix. Renewable energy used to contribute only 1.5% in 2013/14 whereas by 2017/18, it has been raised to 3.5%

He completed his Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering, 1997 from Pulchowk Engineering College, Nepal and holds Master’s degree in Renewable Energy, 2002 from University of Oldenburg, Germany. Currently, pursuing PhD degree in sustainable energy at institute of engineering Pulchowk campus, Mr. Ram has more than 15 research, publication and conference papers written and presented at National and International platform globally representing Nepal.